The award-winning Karpaz Gate Marina offers East Mediterranean berthing with a number of on-site leisure facilities and a boatyard.
Karpaz Gate Marina opened in 2011 with the aim of establishing North Cyprus as a new sailing destination and attractive long-term base for yachts up to 60m.
The marina is perfectly placed as a convenient starting point for boaters to discover the stunning coastline of North Cyprus, sail to the southern Turkish coastline or head towards the Greek Islands.
Visitors will discover miles of empty sandy beaches, idyllic anchorages, ancient harbours and rare wildlife, plus there is plenty to see inland, including historic castles and abbeys and the fascinating towns of Nicosia, Kyrenia and Famagusta.
Currently celebrating its selection as TYHA (The Yacht Harbour Association) International Marina of the Year for 2017, Karpaz Gate Marina is a significant development both for the local region and the global marina network as the first modern marina in North Cyprus and an official Port of Entry.
The marina, on the island’s northeast pointing Karpaz Peninsula, is drawing sailors to an untouched and peaceful corner of the East Mediterranean. It offers appealing, tax-free berthing prices and packages, first-class leisure and technical facilities and the opportunity to explore a fascinating country.
Campaign offers and packages are available for visitors and long term clients who require the use of the dry dock area and boat yard technical facilities and services, including offers for haul out, hull wash, anti-fouling application and hard standing.
Additional VIP packages can include a Freezing Option to suspend the contract for up to three months, a free haul out and launch back service and free hard standing for up to six months.
Winterizing and de-winterizing packages encompass boat exterior cleaning, main engine and generator start up, electronics check, ventilating the cabins, flushing toilets and fresh water system/bilge/battery/mooring lines check.
Karpaz Gate Marina was specifically designed to cater for superyachts and larger vessels. From the impressive berthing facilities and experienced and helpful staff, to the superior technical services and a range of leisure options, the marina can provide for the individual needs of captains and crew.
With the capability to accommodate vessels up to 55m, Karpaz Gate Marina also has an 18,000 sq m dry dock for refit and repairs and engineering and boat maintenance services which include a substantial 300-ton travel lift for vessels up to 45 metres and with a beam of up 10 metres. Berth services include power and drinking water to all berths, high speed Wi-Fi and TV connection, 24/7 CCTV and security personnel. Concierge services are also available.
Whether it is for a stop during a cruise in the region or for an extended stay at a tax-free, sheltered and secure base, Karpaz Gate Marina welcomes superyachts to visit and sample this corner of the East Mediterranean.
Karpaz Peninsula is dubbed as the most unspoilt region of Northern Cyprus, and as an “untapped beauty”. From remote golden beaches to luxurious 5-star hotels, and from wild donkeys to a picturesque marina, and with its slow pace, Karpaz has certainly much to offer and is an important destination.
There are many accomodation facilites in Karpaz, below is just a selection:
- Blue Sea Hotel, Karpas, . Basic accommodation in the Karpas Peninsula region.
- Kaya Artemis Hotel, Bafra, . Luxurious 5-star hotel with an aquapark, casino, and frequent concerts.
- Noah’s Ark Deluxe Hotel, Bafra, . Luxurious 5-star hotel with a spa and casino.
- Exotic Hotel, Boğaz, . 2-star hotel with a beach restaurant.
- Çelebi Garden Hotel, Mehmetçik, . Very recently built, clean and comfortable rooms, not so close to the sea.
- Theresa Hotel, on the road to Yenierenköy, . 1-star seaside hotel with a nice restaurant, opposite a Byzantine church.
- Burhan’s Golden Beach, Dipkarpaz, road to Apostolos Andreas, . Wooden huts, nice restaurant, almost straight on the Golden Beach. Very basic amenities.
- Teko’s Place, Dipkarpaz, road to Apostolos Andreas, , Semi-wooden huts, OK restaurant, almost straight on the Golden Beach. Very basic amenities.
- View Hotel, Dipkarpaz, road to Apostolos Andreas, right next to Apostolos Andreas, very old hotel with basic amenities, in major need of renovation.
- Dipkarpaz Wooden Bungalows, located in the village, 2 km from the sea, phone number: +903923722306, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, operated by the municipality.
- Büyükkonuk Municipal Pine View Bungalows, located next to a hilltop next to a forest. Bungalows with sufficient amenities.
- Tanyel Bungalows, 2 mins from Karpaz Gate Marina.