The Print Museum and the Old Romanian Book Museum is a county museum in Târgoviște, located in Str. Justice no. 7. Near the large gate, used during the reign of Constantin Brâncoveanu, on the south-east side of the Royal Court, very close to the church on Holy Friday, there is the Museum of the Pattern and the Old Romanian Book, housed in the Arama House.
The building was rebuilt from the foundations, on the place where once was an Egyptian house, to which the monks from Dealu Monastery worked in 1802, when a powerful earthquake affects the cells of this place of worship. At the beginning of the twentieth century, the house was used as a private school boarding school, local to the city police, and during the First World War it was the headquarters of the German command.
From the old house, only two interior walls are now preserved. Composed of the cellar, the ground floor and the floor, the access to the floor is made by an external wooden staircase that leads you to a porch where you can admire the monuments of the Royal Court, Arama House is an example of value of the traditional constructions in the area.
At the ground floor of the building, the Museum of the Pattern and the Old Romanian Book was arranged, which houses the testimonies of the civilization of a people, expressed through one of the most profitable trades – the pattern. The exhibition circuit starts with the presentation of the first forms and writing media and continues with the moment of the invention of the pattern with mobile letters and its distribution in Europe. The introduction of the pattern in the Romanian Country is marked by Macarie’s Slavonic printings: Liturghier (1508), Octoih (1510) and Evangheliar (1512), made in Târgoviște, the hearth of the prints from the Romanian Country. From here, later, Coresi will start, the one who will plant in the people’s mind the idea that the word of the Lord can also be read in Romanian and whose typographic activity was performed both in Târgoviște and Brașov is illustrated in the exhibition (Triod Pentecostal – 1578, Slavonic Evangelical – 1579, Romanian Evangelical – 1561).
The imposition of the Romanian language in print is highlighted by books released in the seventeenth century, both in the Romanian Country (the teaching gospel, Pravila de la Govora, the straightening of the law) and in Moldova (the Cauldron of Varlaam, Psaltirea in verses a of Dosoftei) and Transylvania (New Testament from Bălgrad). The appearance of the secular book is illustrated by the prints made by Antim Ivireanu in the eighteenth century, in Târgoviște, Bucharest, Buzău and Râmnic (Dogmatic Panoply, Alixandria, Philosophical Pills), through the manuscripts and printings of the Moldavian ruler Otoman Dimitrie Cantem. , The description of Moldova, the Hronicul of the old Romanian-Moldovan-Vlahilor) and through the histories, grammars, calendars of agricultural work and dictionaries edited by the representatives of the Transylvanian School. The didactic and literary writings in nineteenth-century editions of Negruzzi, Alecsandri, Pelimon and Bolintineanu displayed in the exhibition mark the moment of renouncing the Cyrillic alphabet and adopting the Latin alphabet. The museum circuit ends with the presentation of the first three regular publications:
Romanian Curierul (1829), edited by Ion Heliade Rădulescu, Albina Românească (1829), by Gheorghe Asachi, and Gazeta de Transilvania, printed by George Barițiu. A special interest on the part of the visitors also arouses the other objects exhibited in the museum: the typographic ornaments, the sigil rings, the woodcuts, the valuable book links and the 18th century print, the resistance piece of the exhibition. 
The museum building is declared a historical monument, having the code DB-II-m-A-17273.